Trying out the Alpaca API
This example works with both paper and live trading.
How to get started and test the Alpaca trading API
Want to trade with Alpaca, but you aren’t fully sure how the Alpaca API works yet? Here’s a step by step tutorial on testing the Alpaca API by trading manually using the Postman interface.
This tutorial explains how to:
- Generate your API Keys
- Get your account information through API
- Get asset information through API
- Place an order through API
- Get positions through API
- Close positions through API
Technology and services are offered by AlpacaDB, Inc. Brokerage services are provided by Alpaca Securities LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. Alpaca Securities LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AlpacaDB, Inc.